50 Things We Can All Do Better In 2012Posted on Dec 28, 2011 | 12 comments
So this is it. 2012. Our big year.
Of course, when I say "our", I am referring to you, me, and everyone else. We are in this together, right? I mean, it helps to know others are struggling, succeeding and dreaming. Life can be tough on our own.
Throughout 2011 you guys reminded me of this over and over. Everyday there was a message coming in from some corner of globe saying how reassuring it was to see someone going for it. How motivating it was to see someone pushing through and making it happen. Well, might as well keep pushing because I have a lot to work on in 2012. It was really easy for me to come up with 50 things I can do better in 2012, and my guess is that you could probably work on these as well. And I kinda like knowing that I'm not the only super-indulgent, ultra-lazy dreamer out there.
Safety in numbers people. Happy 2012!
1. Work for the dream.
2. Play more with our kids.
3. Set just a few goals for ourselves and commit.
4. Spend less money.
5. Save more money.
6. Stop being afraid to try something new.
7. Eat better food.
8. Watch less crap on TV.
9. Try something that we always wanted to do.
10. Remember that tomorrow is another day. Rest.
11. Be a little less judgmental.
12. Stop doing things just because we've always done them that way.
13. Sleep more; sleep better.
14. Reevaluate what we need.
15. Give away all that stuff we never use.
16. Order the 12 oz. instead of the 24.
17. Spend less time online and more time with people.
18. Let someone else make the decision.
19. Get outside.
20. Start our days off right.
21. End our days with purpose.
22. Plan less and do more.
23. Trust people.
24. Move. Use our bodies. That's why we have them.
25. Return those phone calls and messages.
26. Stop thinking we have to do it now because it is a once in a lifetime chance and we will never again have the opportunity. That is the case everyday of our lives - get used to it.
28. Let our kids be kids.
29. Stop asking for everyone's opinion. We know what we want and what we like. Trust ourselves.
30. Accept that life can be easy if you let it be.
31. Minimize our texts.
32. Kill our boring routines.
33. Find out where all the stuff we have actually comes from.
34. Be brave enough to try.
35. Finally kill that one bad habit.
36. Step back and take a good look at where our time goes.
37. Go somewhere we have never been.
39. Work harder; work smarter.
40. Take better care of ourselves.
41. Do our jobs the right way.
42. Be a little bit nicer.
43. Stop worrying about what everyone else can do better and start worrying about what we can do better.
44. Mind our tempers!
45. Teach the kids something every day.
46. Listen more; shout less.
47. Realize we can do it.
48. Stop making excuses so we can take the easy way out.
49. Learn something new about someone else.
50. Make the dream happen. Just keep going. Don't stop. Don't quit. Don't look for a way out. Make it happen.
Happy New Year Everyone! It's going to be a big year for us, and for you as well. Stay focused. Dream. And go get it!
Bring on 2012!