Anybody Know How To Get To Mexico?Posted on Jan 10, 2012 | 35 comments
It's a bit hard to imagine that by this time next year we will be in Mexico! Exciting, right?
We had planned to go cycle Europe first, but once I saw my 3 year old son try and ride a bike, I smiled and moved on to plan B. There is always time for bikes and Europe.
Instead we are going to drive south. Boston to Mexico to Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua . . . Costa Rica!
I know it's a ways away, but we could sure use some ideas and recommendations from those of you have wandered south of the border.
Here's what we have to work with:
- We have no time limits. We can stay in one place for a week or 6 months.
- We have two kids, 6 and 3, and they are both up to the challenge.
- We have a car, so that should help get us to those hard to reach places.
- We are brave travelers. We like it all. We will camp, explore, and flop in the pool as needed.
Here's what we love:
- We love culture: Food, People, Places.
- We love the outdoors: Mountains, Jungles, Fresh Air.
- We would love to live near the beach.
- We would love to see the rain forests.
- We would love to stay away from the places that will get us into BIG trouble.
Here's what we need from you:
- Do you have favorite towns or cities in any of these areas?
- Do you have any secrets, tricks, or advice for us?
- Do you know of any must-see places, foods, festivals?
- Do you know of any great places to stay?
- Do you have any books or blogs you would recommend we read before we go?
I know when I travel I can't wait to share what I have experienced. So for you travelers who consider Mexico, Honduras and Costa Rica your home away from home - your help is muy apreciado.
And please feel free to SIGN UP HERE and get all our posts and articles delivered via email.
Thanks to Dr. Rawhead for the Photo